BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Wall Reveals

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Everyone,
I just wanted to know if there is any way of doing wall reveals in Archicad. I am attaching a picture of what I am trying to achieve below.
Thank You
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If using AC23, try using the new Opening tool. Will be hosted by the Wall so you don’t need to deal with hidden elements/layers.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Hello Apeksha,

You can do a SEO with an curtain wall and your walls.
Then hide your curtain walls.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can create the horizontal Wall Reveals by drawing the Wall Profile in the Profile Manager Palette, and applying that to a Complex Profile Wall. I would probably model the whole height of the Wall as a single Profile.

About vertical Reveals: there could be several approaches:
1. Place Columns with Building Material with higher Priority that the Building Material of the Wall, so the Columns will cut their geometry out of the Wall. Then place these auxiliary Columns into a hidden Layer. Their effect will be visible in both 2D and 3D.
2. You could also just model the Reveals and use SEO to subtract them from the Wall. The problem with that is the effect of SEO is not present in the Floor Plan representation of the Wall.
3. You could probably also use the Curtain Wall Tool, where panels will be thicker, and Frames will be thinner to model the horizontal and vertical Reveals. That would also result in correct 2D.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
James B
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
If using AC23, try using the new Opening tool. Will be hosted by the Wall so you don’t need to deal with hidden elements/layers.
James Badcock
Graphisoft Senior Product Manager
Learn and get certified!