Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall Search Failure for Complex profile Walls

Anonymous
Not applicable
Preview: Complex Profile Walls Not highlighted in Search
We use several different composite and also several different complex profiles for walls. When we conduct a search for all walls allocated to an external wall layer name, say the second floor, all of our composite walls are highlighted but NOT external walls that are Complex Profiles.

I'm not sure of this is a problem with ArchiCAD 18's search and reporting algorithms or whether we are doing something wrong.

Any insights would be a help

Thanks

Phil Allsopp
Transpolis Global, USA, Inc.
Scottsdale AZ
http://www.transpolisglobal.com
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
When I search for wall on a particular layer on a particular storey I get both composite and complex profile wall in my selection.

Check carefully that they are indeed in the same layer and the same home storey.

If they are can you show a screen shot of your selection criteria?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry:

Thanks for the lightning fast response. I just checked again for the correct layer name and the correct storey....and they are both on the same story and bot are allocated to the same layer.

I've attached a screen shot with the search dialogue

Phil
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry:

I forgot to list my system details. They are

iMac 27" 3.4GHz Intel Core i7
16GB 1333 MHz DDR3
OS X 10.9.4
ArchiCAD 18
MEP
EcoDesigner Star (waiting for the re-write:( )
Cadimage Electrical

Phil
Barry Kelly
Seems to be because you are using the criteria "Composite in not ..." so it is now only looking for composite walls.
Same happens to me when I do that too.

Oddly though if you set it to "Complex profile is not ..." it find the complex profile walls and composite walls as well.

Not sure whether this would be classed as a bug or not because the composite type does not apply to complex profile walls and the complex profile type does not apply to composite walls.
But it is not consistent.

You will need to remove that criteria to make it work.

If it is then important that you don't select that composite type then reset so you are looking for "composite IS ..." and then remove them from your selection set.

Don't forget you can store you criteria set (small triangle button top right) so you can set them up once and use them again if need be.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11