BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wall accesories - Panels

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I'm new in Archicad and I am really interested in developing GDL based objects. I am trying to create a Wall based facade system of panels. I want to make it as a GDL object to make it as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NL0hL_KMqY
Maybe it is to obvious that I don't see it, but I don't find the way to create a script that copies the panel and covers the wall with it.

Does anyone know where could I find this kind of information?

Thank you!

PS Sorry for my English
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
This is a big task for someone new to Archicad and GDL.

Is that Bautech add-on not suitable for your needs?
It will save you re-inventing the wheel all over again.

Or can you look at the code for that object to learn from it - so long as it has not bee hidden or password protected then you will be able to open the scripts.

There are other cladding add-ons - one that I can think of is by James Hardie - but not sure if this is just for Australian users or not.

http://www.accel.com.au/cad_hardicontent.php#hcont2

Your GDL object will need to have the subtype of "wall accessory" so it will work with the wall accessory add-on - otherwise it is just an object and will not be associated to a wall.
Then you will need to retreive all the wall/opening dimensions and probably uses arrays to set out the panels.
This is where you will want to study existing wall accessory objects.
There are some in the default Archicad library you will be able to open.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your quick response!

I supposed that it was not going to be an easy task... thanks for giving me some clues.

I tried to take a look to the Bautech object, but it is protected so I can't access to the scripts, so I need to write it in my own version.

I also tried looking to James Hardie's add-ons, but they are only accessibles for Australian users.

I have reached to the point shown in the attached image (not so much...), where I place the panel on the wall as a wall accessory but I really have no clue how to proceed in order to cover the wall with more panels of the same type... I think there must be a function or a way that makes it possible... but I don't find it anywhere. For the moment I'd be satisfied if I find the way to multiply the panels along the wall.

Thank you!
wall accessories - panels.jpg
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
How about using curtainwall tool to achieve this effect?
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
No idea I'll take a look!

I've finally achived to multiply the panel along the wall by looking some examples as Barry said.

Now it's turn to fit it to wall dimensions and holes...

I will keep on working on this little by little. Thanks!
wall accessories - panels 2.jpg
Learn and get certified!