Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall anomolies

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good Morning people, I am very new to Archicad, in fact yesterday was my first day trying to do anything on it. I have attached an image of the problem I am facing.

So I am trying to draw an as built survey of a basement, the walls are not straight at all, so as I am tracing around my dwg I get this weird thing happen to my wall, I have no idea how to fix it. on the 2d floor plan it looks perfectly fine but in 3d it is messed up. could someone please help?

Also I deleted the walls from that section and tried drawing it again and it joined to the wall on the other side (see image).

P.S. I am very green to this, usually only work on 2d cad drawings
28 REPLIES 28
Hello,

Did you try to enter a lower value for walls that are not correctly represented in 3D?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much for your reply Christophe, but unfortunately if did not fix the problem.
Have you checked the continuity of the reference lines of the walls ?
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I do not know quite what you mean, like I said I just started yesterday. If you are asking me if the wall is continuous, no it isn't. I kept drawing it in segment. Simply because everytime I click on another window on my pc what I was drawing kept disappearing.
I mean to check this parameter : "View/Option screen view/Wall and beam reference line"
Can you verify the continuity of your wall reference line
Christophe - FRANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
indeed I just checked and it seems to be ok.

I have attached pictures and as you can see the problem is around the red circled areas
I see strange and very small wall segments that may be unable to connect due to lack of sufficient length
These segments are they modeled voluntarily ?
Christophe - FRANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Christophe I appreciate your patience, "voluntarily" I do not understand this term. As I said I just traced over my dwg file which I apploaded. I was wondering if I could just send it to you via "we transfer" and you could have a look at it, maybe there's a setting I'm missing and just tell me how you fixed it, if you can, cause like I said it's my second day with this software. Would that be ok with you?
For sure
Send me
It's a great idea
Christophe - FRANCE

Learn and get certified!