Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall boundary modification

Regarding the incapability to easily modify the boundaries of walls - am I missing some obvious and real reason for why this can't be done in the same way as slabs and roofs?

There seem to be no issue with the geometry as such. But its creation is ridiculous and relies on auxiliary elements (cropping to single-plane roofs and an opening) and then I don't think I can control the opening's edge. The slab on the other hand is made in a few intuitive steps and gives control of the edges.

thesleepofreason_1-1638033274678.png

2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

For what it is worth, this is not so easy to do in the case of a Wall, because it has many different Geometry Methods like Trapezoid, Slanted, Double Slanted, Polygonal. A Slab is a much simpler geometry, kind of the equivalent of a straight vertical wall.

You can make a wish for this feature.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

Yes, but the vast majority of walls are just simple vertical slabs. Apart from the polygonal method I don't see it getting too complex nor unintuitive. Seeing as it is the odd one out it would be unfortunate if that's the limiting case.

However, if the other methods and wall slant poses a real problem for introducing that type of modification capability then a new geometry method for walls where you define the wall on a vertical reference plane would go a long way.