BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall contour from current floor on floor above

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,
I am trying to achieve the projected wall from ground floor story to the roof story.
In picture one, is the effect i achieved using show wall on al relevant storys but i can't see through it, it cuts the roof
In picture two is the effect i want, was made using lines following the contour from the walls bellow.
I think there must be an a way for this, but i can't find it yet.
Any idea is welcomed!
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Many ways to do this. The most general solution, so that you see the result in your 2D window rather than just your layouts, is to use the Floor Plan Cut Plane to look down to the floor below.

The walls that you want to see one the floor above need to have their Floor Plan Display set to "All Relevant Stories" and "Projected with Overhead". With your FPCP set to show down to 1 story below, you should see the walls. To get them to appear dashed, you'll have to apply a Graphic Override (if they weren't dashed to begin with).

Be sure to save all of these settings into a saved View.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. I took a break
I did all of that until the last step and had to create the graphic override. How can i create the graphic override so that on the ground floor the walls remain normal and only on the top floor are dashed?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I searched and I could not find a criterion that would return a value about the current Story.
So, maybe the only solution is to apply the Graphic Override only on the Roof Story.
This would mean that if you save Views of your Floor Plans, the saved View of the Roof Story must be different from the saved View of all other Stories.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I fogot to update my signature, i use AC24, so maybe there is something new in the latest AC?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Not that I know of that would help in this specific situation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!