BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall coverings with the windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've got windows with 150mm exterior trim and if I try to put the cladding on that wall, the cladding covers the exterior trim of the windows.

Is there any way not to cover the trim around windows?

Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Barry Kelly
If you are adding the cladding as a wall accessory then you will probably need to make sure that your window trims are thick enough to extend in front of the cladding thickness.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh ok. So it was just the matter of thickness. I put it as 55mm and it's finally showing on the elevation. Is there a standard thickness for it?

Cheers
Barry Kelly
youngdoooooo wrote:
Oh ok. So it was just the matter of thickness. I put it as 55mm and it's finally showing on the elevation. Is there a standard thickness for it?

Cheers
I don't know what window object you are using but the default trim thicknes is probably fine if you are using a standard composite wall with no wall accessory cladings.

As soon as you add a wall accessory cladding you are making the wall thicker but the window won't recocnize this.
So you need to increase the trim thickness to suit the cladding thickness you are using.

I am assuming with the cladding accessory you can control the thickness (or maybe it is set dependend on the cladding you use) but you should be able to see somewhere in the cladding settings what the thickness is that you need to allow for.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
youngdoooooo (I hope that was enough o's)

If you are using the Cadimage Coverings tool (which I suspect you are) you can turn off the facing in the window object itself, and use the Openings settings within the covering tool to define exterior trim (head, sill, jamb etc.)
Learn and get certified!