BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall display

Anonymous
Not applicable
Could anybody advice me as to why we cannot display walls as we wish similar to objects ect. That's on home storey, story up ect. I cannot think of any reason why this should not be possible. Unless of course I am missing something.
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Yep, missing something.
Check the setting for "Show on Stories" and "Floor Plan Display". If all else fails you can convert to morph.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
jmk:

Wall display on multiple stories is different than Objects. You need to use the Wall Settings > Floor Plan and Section > Show on Stories > All Relevant Stories, then use the Floor Plan Cut Plane (which is a View setting) to control the display of the Wall. You will want to read about the Floor Plan Cut Plane settings to get a handle on this.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you both for the reply.
The wall in question is on my upper storey, I have set the wall as "show all relevant" as i wish it to show up on the home storey and storey above however as the wall protrudes down below the home storey it is also showing in storey below with broken line which is not what i wish to show.
I hope this is clear.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally worked it out.
I set the floor plan display to 'Projected' it was on " Projected with ovehead"
Simple when you know how.
Thanks again
Learn and get certified!