Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall end tool

Tom Krowka
Booster
Does the wall end tool work with complex wall profiles that one has created and saved. Can't get the wall to recognize or create an element. The documentation doesn't mention anything about it.

Version 22. Thanks tom
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
6 REPLIES 6
Tom Krowka
Booster
Couple of other criteria that might help....the wall extended below project zero with no other story below.
Moved the wall to project zero and tried it again.....was able to get a wall end to work, but the 3d location doesn't match the 2D location. See the jpgs below.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Tom Krowka
Booster
The 3d pic w/ offset
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Eduardo Rolon
I don't think so. You can force them but I have resorted to doing CP colums as a work around based on this post from james Murray

https://www.onland.info/archives/2010/07/fixing_wall_corners_with_columns.php
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

DGSketcher
Legend
Same problem here with complex wall profiles. The end becomes displaced. Looks like a bug, but it could also be down to AC not knowing what to do if it was asked to cap a really complex wall profile... might be more honest to flash up an advisory that the wall end tool doesn't work with complex profiles.

I'm sure there are a few workarounds e.g. same outline profile but containing just the end cap material to extend the wall.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Barry Kelly
The GDL for wall ends (they are just objects) can only deal with composite walls (they may even be limited to only a few skins as well).
There is no way they can deal with complex profile walls that could have any configuration of fills an any number, shape or position.
Sometimes you can get them to work on a simple complex profile wall - but I wouldn't rely on them.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=46116&hilit=wall+end

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Tom Krowka
Booster
Will go to Plan B, now that I know wall ends don't work so well with complex profile type wall. Thanks all.
Tom Krowka Architect
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com