BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall intersection - Studwork showing through doorway casing

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a problem with an internal wall showing through the doorway casing in 3D. I have resolved this issue once before through trial and error. Last time I think I ended up deleting the walls and starting again.

Does this problem have to do with a walls reference lines and/or the geometry method in which a wall is drawn? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
It looks to me like the casing (architrave) is automatically detecting the width of the wall and sitting where it should on each side.
The door frame however is not matching the width of the wall which is why you can see the wall.
Change the frame width to be the same as the wall width or maybe there is an option for extra casings to fill the gap (not knowing what door object you are using).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Barry, I was able to fix it by deleting a wall (with door) and replacing it (with the single geometry method). The wall I deleted had gold nodes and the other two intersecting walls had black nodes. I'm still unsure why this fixed the problem?
Barry Kelly
Kieran wrote:
The wall I deleted had gold nodes and the other two intersecting walls had black nodes. I'm still unsure why this fixed the problem?
So am I .
The gold (coloured circle) nodes just means the wall was part of a group.
Normally doors detect the wall width and adjusts the frame and trims accordingly.

Glad you got it working though.

Whenever you have a problem, drag a copy of it to the side so you can destroy the copy looking for the solution and not affect your model.
Or try recreating the situation from scratch (as you have basically done).
If you get the copy to work you can transfer the settings by ALT-clicking the elements in the copy and CTR+ALT clicking the same elements in the original.

Barry.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions