Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall intersection issues

JPL_DESIGN_GUY
Newcomer
Good afternoon! I have been using a log wall I created as a complex profile and set as a favorite. It has worked just fine up until recently when I noticed an issue with the way it joins together at an outside corner for example. Hopefully you can see what I mean in the attached JPEG file. In the past it has always formed a nice 45 degree mitered corner and then I can add corners as needed. Any thoughts on what setting I may have changed by mistake?
John Lanner, CGP
Sr. Design Consultant
Beaver Mountain Log Homes
13 REPLIES 13
ejrolon wrote:
I use layer intersect numbers to control SEO issues (I have always used slabs for SEOs and with PBCs they need a different number), control Overhead Items in plan and to be able to control and fine tune Renovation filter problems. In all cases being able to specify different layer combinations have saved me lots of time.
My point is that you should not need to save the layer intersect numbers after you change them because they are resolving a graphic anomaly that you will want to have resolved in all possible ways you might ever want to view the affected parts in the 3D window. Not just one View map controlled by one Layer Combo like you would do to resolve a display issue using Junction Order, Display Order, Material Priorities...

PBC's might be a very good reason to have layer intersect numbers saved this way. I don't know.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Eduardo Rolon
If I understand you correctly, the situation is that I have a current project in which if Layer Intersections behave as you suggest I wouldn't be able to define correctly the floor plans without going into other more complex workarounds.

So I prefer the flexibility and I hate when AC takes decisions by itself like moving objects to a floor plan based on its elevation like 17 did when it came out.

Anyway I think we have gone off-topic.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Yes. Off topic. So easy to do since everything about the program is so integral.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Barry Kelly
JPL_DESIGN_GUY wrote:
My log walls are a profile that I created to match our logs which I haven't changed or created newly. Even older projects with log walls are doing this. I am not great with this software but will try to create a new log wall profile and see if that corrects the issue. Thanks!
Is it because you are now using version 17? (please add your Archicad version and Operating System to your profile signature or mention it in your posts).

Try turning Legacy mode on or off to see if that makes a difference.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11