BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall intersections in AC 10

Bob Moore
Enthusiast
Attached is a plan detail that when drawn was a 1'4 x 1'4 brick column constructed from a 4" brick wall composite. When I put the fascia board around the porch the brick walls reconfigure to meet the fascia. I want a 1'4 x1'4 column, like I drew, not a column with 1" extensions in the corners. I've tried changing wall priorities with no success. I'm not sure why AC move walls at a programmers whim instead of doing what the designer want.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
9 REPLIES 9
Thomas Holm
Booster
Try using the library object column instead of the column tool.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
TomWaltz
Participant
So you drew 4 walls inside another wall to create a column? Why not use the column tool?
Tom Waltz
Bob Moore
Enthusiast
So you drew 4 walls inside another wall to create a column? Why not use the column tool?

Tom.
That is what I ended up doing. But I still don't understand why I can't draw the four walls and they stay like I drew them.
AC 7 - 27

iMac 27"

Mac OS Sonoma 14.0

3.1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core

32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 575X 4 GB
TomWaltz
Participant
Maybe the same reason you don't use the Beam or Slab Tools to draw walls.

Most tools have intended uses and they work best when you use them that way. Otherwise their interaction with other elements may not be what you expect or want.
Tom Waltz
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Bob wrote:
But I still don't understand why I can't draw the four walls and they stay like I drew them.
Yes they should, but layer intersection priority numbers really should have solved that for you. Are you sure you put all four walls on a layer that had a different number?

Maybe try posting a module of them.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
AC 10 layer intersection priority numbers are disappearing for some reason. All numbers revert to value 1 every time I make some changes to the model (rebuild 3D window / open autorebuild section).
Re-entering different numbers doesn't solve anything.

I've been using this method intensively since AC 9 without any problem. Transferring to Mac Intel is messing up all plan views !!!

Is there any workaround or solution to the problem?

Thanks in advance
Anonymous
Not applicable
One more thing. I'm running two different versions of AC 10 on my machine: one Intel version (ArchiCAD 10) and one PPC version (ArchiCAD 10 old) transferred by the network.

Both having the same problem.
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I guess you are aware that Layer Intersection Numbers are saved with each Layer Combination and so switching Layer Combinations can alter them.
Just to get obvious things out of the way.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
I guess you are aware that Layer Intersection Numbers are saved with each Layer Combination and so switching Layer Combinations can alter them. Just to get obvious things out of the way.
Thank you for the reply.
Indeed, it's all about layer combinations. Starting a new AC 10 template with the help of attribute manager, everything was transferred correctly except the layer intersection numbers. Because there was no need to modify the layer combinations itself we forgot using the "Update" button !!!

Many words just to say I was not aware...
Learn and get certified!