Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall reference line not working

DangCad
Contributor

I have a file where wall reference line is not working/making any difference for some reason. See pic below, the three inner walls are drawn along the guide line with different options chosen - outside face on top, inside face in the middle, and center below. However, they all end up being drawn the same way (inside face). What might be the reason for this? I've never encountered this issue before

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 14.36.35.png

Archicad 19 | Windows 10 Home | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz | 16 GB RAM
2 REPLIES 2
Lingwisyer
Guru

So if you select them an use the Flip Reference Line command, nothing happens?

Does this happen with all of your walls? Might it just be your Reference Line Offset?

It would be more informative if you selected your walls in question in your screenshot and possibly use a Composite Wall so that it is easily visible which side is which.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

@Lingwisyer wrote:

So if you select them an use the Flip Reference Line command, nothing happens?

Flip wall on reference line works. However, I notice that if I change the reference line in the ordinary menu/info box palette or retroactively try to change the reference line through the same menu, my choice doesn't "go through", i.e nothing happens. Although, if I change the reference line through Edit>Reference line and plane>Modify wall reference line, it works! However, this would be very time consuming in the long run ofc.

@Lingwisyer wrote:

Does this happen with all of your walls? Might it just be your Reference Line Offset?

Yes, all walls in this particular file. No reference line offset.

@Lingwisyer wrote:

It would be more informative if you selected your walls in question in your screenshot and possibly use a Composite Wall so that it is easily visible which side is which.

See screenshot below Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 09.35.10.png

Archicad 19 | Windows 10 Home | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz | 16 GB RAM