Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall texture aligned differently on vertical wall edges and wall top/bottom

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to model a cross-laminated timber element (consisting of layers of wood), but the texture is aligned differently on the vertical wall edges and the wall top/bottom. Is there a way to align both of them the same way? Note: I know this could be done by making a composite wall, but that doesn't solve my actual problem which is getting a consistent texture alignment in the reveal of an arch top door (empty opening).
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello,

I don't think this is possible, the texture is automatically aligned on walls (on the side it is horizontal to fit the front and the back, and on the top it is perpendicular to that, so it would fit the front/back as well (just apply the same surface to all sides and I think you will see what I mean).

If you want more control over the orientation of the texture, you can use a morph instead - the surface of a morph can be re-aligned with the Align 3D texture command. If you need to use walls, then you can use a really detailed composite, but I don't suggest that, as it would put too many polygons into your model.

Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit