BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall trim to complex profile

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wonder if there is option to trim to complex profile, or you have to create another profile. All I've got trying to use solid element operation is visible form the picture. Wall automatically merges with profile.

Thanks,

Rok
4 REPLIES 4
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Try putting the wall on a layer with a different intersection priority number than the complex profile. It should work.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Link, I'm still in the phase of learning, spent hours on this problem. Every day something new Now that I've closed the gap under this profile, I have a new problem. I wonder what I'm doing wrong, with closing the gap between this profile and roof. I used solid element operation option with downward extrusion with wall as target element and profile as operation element, but nothing happens.

Thanks,
Rok
do strehe.jpg
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Easy, your target needs to exceed the operator in all directions.

Well in two directions - to the right and downwards as your look at your image.

When using any subtraction method with SEO, the target always needs to extend beyond the operator and be trimmed down. It never extends itself to meet the operator as such.

Subtraction - get it?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, that solves my trouble, I always thought that extends itself to operator, and never try to extend it beyond Thank you again

Rok
Learn and get certified!