BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Wall under stair not displaying correctly

Anonymous
Not applicable
New Archicad user struggling with various idiosyncrasies. I have a wall under a stair which I cut using Solid Element Operations. Worked fine as the image shows. In plan view, the wall is showing through the stairs. I just can't figure this out.
KrisM
3 REPLIES 3
alemanda
Advocate
Solid Element Ooerations are not considered in the floor plan representation. If you want a correct representation you should do split the wall into two walls, one is the wall underneath the stair before the cut line and it has to be put on a hidden layer, the other wall which is over the cut line of the stair should be put on a visible layer.
AC 19 and AC21 latest hotfix
Win 10 Pro 64bit
Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)
32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620
Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440
www.almadw.it
Anonymous
Not applicable
That is disappointing but I will implement your solution. Thanks.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
KrisM:

You can use the Display Order to Bring the Stair Forward of the Wall, and set the Fill of the Hidden Part to be transparent.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!