Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls, Beams not joining issue

poore
Participant

Hi, I am having a problem with this file.

Someone was working with this file and it was handed down to me. So, I don't think this is a general problem that affects the whole program.

In this file, all the walls and beams are not connecting to each other. I checked layers, materials, construction status, etc and non of them worked. And I believe I've tried every solution that is on this website and it didn't work either. 

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.07.58 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.07.36 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 10.05.28 AM.png

   

Please help me...!!!

5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly

I was going to say On Screen View Options > Clean Wall & Beam Intersections - but that appears to be on already.

You say you have checked layers.

Is the layer intersection group number set to zero?

If so, elements in that layer will not trim.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Marc H
Advisor

I have experienced this situation with certain complex profiles, where they connect on some corners and not others.  You might try to change to another profile to see if it resolves the issue.

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
poore
Participant

Barry Kelly- Thank you for your replies, but layer intersection group nb is 7 and I tried changing the other numbers too..  

Marc H - It wasn't a problem of a particular complex profile. Every walls and profiles were not connecting each other.. 

poore
Participant

Also, when I merge two lines(of walls or profiles), which I overlapped each other because they are not connecting, they become one connected line without creating a joint part. 

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

You can try 2 things:

1. If you move these problematic elements (or their copies) to a position away from your model so there is no chance some other hidden element interfering, do they connect correctly? If they do, there is some element interfering where they are placed.

2. If you copy these problematic elements to the Clipboard, start a brand new file based on the default Archicad Template, and paste the elements into that file, do they connect correctly? If they do, there is something specific to this file.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27