BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Walls & Slabs question

Eman
Contributor
Hi,

If I put a slab in Story 1 with reference line top, the walls of ground floor appears. I mean when the walls of ground floor and the slab of story 1 are exactly same height and altitude.

I want that the walls do not appear.
Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
My first thought would be to check your Building Materials. My guess is that the Building Material of your wall has a HIGHER Intersection Priority than that of your slab, hence it is trimming your slab which will show up on Story 1 even when the walls themselves are not set to show above.

Options => Element Attributes => Building Materials => [Desired Building Material] => Intersection Priority

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru
My first thought would be to check your Building Materials. My guess is that the Building Material of your wall has a HIGHER Intersection Priority than that of your slab, hence it is trimming your slab which will show up on Story 1 even when the walls themselves are not set to show above.

Options => Element Attributes => Building Materials => [Desired Building Material] => Intersection Priority

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Eman
Contributor
Lingwisyer wrote:
My guess is that the Building Material of your wall has a HIGHER Intersection Priority than that of your slab

Hi Lingwisyer and thanks for your reply. Yes that was the problem, now it is OK!
Eman / Draftsman
Works at an Architects Company using ArchiCad 21
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.19 GHz, 8.00 GB, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Learn and get certified!