BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls appear on plan but do not show in 3D?

Glenn Berger
Participant
I've drawn a group of complex walls. When viewing in 3D some walls not visible. I dragged a copy of all the walls to 50ft away and all walls showed. Then replaced the missing walls ( still there in plan view) with the duplicates. Problem solved. What is going on? I've reused the same file saved as for similar projects since archicad 10. Is this relevant?

Thanks the forum is always helpful.
Glenn Berger

Archicad 17, 24"Imac, second screen 24", 8g ram. OS 10.8.
User since 8.1
13 REPLIES 13
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
A slab with a building material with higher priority than that of the wall on a hidden layer will cause the wall to disappear and the window to remain. Provided the layers have the same intersection group number.

Turn on all layers and take a look in 3D if there is a slab somewhere.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
lukegolesh
Participant
mnguyen wrote:
Hi Luke,

Thank you for the report and I am sorry about the issue!

I have come across this issue once, where the window was the one making the wall disappear. But in that case, the wall stood alone, no connection was made to any neighboring wall. Could you try to delete the window and see if it brings back the wall when the wall is connected properly?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
MInh
Thank you everyone for your responses! Mlnh, when I deleted the window, the wall showed back up. I tried the same thing with another disappearing wall, this time with a door (same complex wall profile), and it worked as well- the wall showed up when I deleted the door. I have about a half dozen disappearing walls in this project. Many of the walls with the same profile and window work fine for some reason. They all have Cad Image doors/ windows. How can we fix the issue? Do you need a file as Barry suggested? Barry, thanks for the forgiveness btw
Archicad 24
macOS Catalina Version 10.15.5
Macbook Pro - 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Lingwisyer
Guru
Complex profiles and openings, try changing the reference point for the relevant doors and windows?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

With the help from Luke, I was able to identify what is causing the issue. As Barry suggests, the issue lies in the complex elements in the profile, in this case 3 small circles, 2 of them were created from many small segments.

By removing these three circles, the issue is eliminated.

I hope this might come in handy if you come across this issue in the future.

Have a great weekend!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!