Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Walls different in 2D and 3D

DangCad
Contributor

In one part of my model, I have three walls which looks perfectly fine in 2D (see screenshot, the selected walls), but when I switch to 3D the two thinner parallel walls are suddenly sticking out on the other side of the thicker wall (see screenshot 2). They are not intersected with the thicker wall or anything else. As you can see on Screenshot 2, it's not the full height of the walls that are sticking out on the other side, only up to a certain height.

What might be the problem here?

BarryKelly_0-1639099769999.png

BarryKelly_1-1639099781494.png

Archicad 19 | Windows 10 Home | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz | 16 GB RAM
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution

You need to either put them on a different layer that doesn't join or lower their intersection priority

View solution in original post

Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you want to build cabinetry using walls and such, I would advise that you put it all on a layer which has a unique Intersection Group. This will prevent it from connecting to any other walls it comes into contact with.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Solution

You need to either put them on a different layer that doesn't join or lower their intersection priority

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Do I see it correctly that the thicker Wall is using a Complex Profile and has boards at its base? IN that case, I think what happens it the thin Walls extend to the outside surfaces of the Base boards so they stick out of the Wall's main body because that one is thinner.

Here is one idea: try to set the Intersection Priority Number of the baseboard's Building Material so it is higher than that of the smaller Wall's Building Material, see if that helps.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

If you want to build cabinetry using walls and such, I would advise that you put it all on a layer which has a unique Intersection Group. This will prevent it from connecting to any other walls it comes into contact with.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660