Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls have disappeared in 3D

Evangeline95
Beginner

Hi,

I am Archicad 25 on the student licence, I have just been amending my site and suddenly my walls have disappeared. I have tried to get them back via the layers, however, nothing I have done has fixed the issue. Any Advice or support is welcomed! I'm racking my brains as to what I have done that has changed it.

I know they are still there as when I select the wall tool their frame is selected.

Thank you

Evangeline

Screenshot 2022-03-14 202731.png
3 REPLIES 3
pedrocollares
Enthusiast

There might be invisible elements interacting with those walls (Try setting the layer group index of the layer that contains the walls to another one, or 0 - if it's zero it won't interact with any other element)

pedrocollares_0-1647290393915.png

Then if that's the case, you'll need to see which elements are those interacting with the walls. Did you place large slabs on top of your model for testing purposes? Or duplicates of those walls which aren't being shown at the moment? In case you did, try putting those elements' layers in another layer group index. (Layer group index are view-dependant, should be updated in every view)

Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64

Amazing! They came back, Thank you! 

Yes, I have been creating slabs but not directly above my model, and only for solid element removal purposes, so I'm not sure why it would have corrosponded to the building in the screenshot.

Thank you so much for your response!

You're welcome 🙂

I maintain those Solid Operation purpose only elements all in a same "work layer", which should be in the group index 0 in all views, so they won't interact with anything and can be hid/isolated altogether

Architect / BIM Manager at IDEIA1 - www.ideia1.com.br
Archicad 26 / Windows 10 64