Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls hight in section

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!
I missed something or is a bug?
I can not stretch the wall in section,with Arch19 I was be able to to in 18.
Thanks for any suggestion
19 REPLIES 19
Eduardo Rolon
It is a Bug, they are working on it.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, Eduardo
did you if there others similar BUGS
Eduardo Rolon
Not that come I remember at this point.
If I remember correctly the problem stretching walls is when they are connected to another one (like in a corner) then you need to select both, zoom out and then you hopefully can stretch them.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks
Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
It is a Bug, they are working on it.
This is a huge bug then - we stretch walls all the time in section and it barely works now.

In the project I have open now, I have one wall that I can't stretch at all, one that I can stretch but only from the bottom of the wall and another I can only stretch from the top!

Is that consistent with this bug or is there something else possibly going on?
Anonymous
Not applicable
This bug costs me hundreds nerve cells per minute! GS, please fix it ASAP!
gpowless
Advocate
ejrolon wrote:
If I remember correctly the problem stretching walls is when they are connected to another one...
I have found that also. However you can ~sometimes~ stretch the wall when it is grouped with another and the grouping setting is on.

Very unproductive.
Intel i7-6700@3.4GHz 16g
GeForce GTX 745 4g HP Pavilion 25xw
Windows 10 Archicad 26 USA Full
Anonymous
Not applicable
gpowless wrote:
ejrolon wrote:
If I remember correctly the problem stretching walls is when they are connected to another one...
I have found that also. However you can ~sometimes~ stretch the wall when it is grouped with another and the grouping setting is on.

Very unproductive.
Speaking on grouping, I'm finding I can't group and ungroup in the section window either....
Anonymous
Not applicable
Another observation: I was just working in section, trying to deal with wall heights. I selected a wall, clicked a hotspot and the correct pet palette with height adjustment appeared so I was able to adjust height as is normal.

Then I noticed that the base of the wall was set to -3/4". I changed it to the correct 0" and went back to re-adjust the height but no height icon on the pet palette again! Changed the base back to -3/4 and height adjustment worked fine again!

No idea what's going on, but GS really needs to get this worked out and soon.

EDIT TO ADD: I have other walls with bases not set at 0 and they are not allowing height adjustment so it's not as simple as just a problem with walls with base @ 0"