Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Walls on different floors not showing up

mukster
Booster

Working on a house design, and on one of the floors, the walls aren't showing up properly. They should look like the wall in the first screen grab, but they look like the walls in the second screen grab. I am FAR from an Archicad expert, learning first Cadkey, then Autocad, then Archicad, so I am at a loss.

Archicad 24, Mac Platform

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.24.48 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-10-26 at 11.24.38 AM.png
4 REPLIES 4
DGSketcher
Legend

Difficult to say from your drawings as there are a lot of possible reasons, but starting with a couple of easy ones... Do the walls on the second floor project up into the third floor? If so, you should check the height of the walls and the "Show on stories" setting for the missing walls. Assuming the drawings have been placed from the View Map onto the Layout, you should check the view setting Layer Combination. If these are different between the floors, then the layer for the internal wall may be turned off on the third floor Layer Combination.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

The walls start on the first floor, go up to the second and third floors. They are set to show up on all relevant stories, layer settings has the walls turned on, cut plane is set properly, walls projected with overhead, entire element, model view options and graphic override are set properly

mukster
Booster

Apparently the plan was not linked to the proper floor. Our template only includes 2 floors, and I had to add a third, which wasn't linked properly

DGSketcher
Legend

Always something new to learn with AC. Pleased you found the solution and thanks for sharing.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)