Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Welcome!

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

Welcome to the renewed discussion forum of the ArchiCAD user community. As default structure for the new forum we created the following main categories:

- General Discussions: here you can share your opinion with other users about various topics (Note that in the discussion section requesting assistance is inappropriate).

- Specific Questions & Problems: here you can ask for support of fellow ArchiCAD users, or if you are an expert you can be of assistance to beginners.

- Other: here you can share various types of information with fellow ArchiCAD users.

As the forum evolves new categories/topics may be created according to your needs.

Before you start participating in the discussions please refer to the Etiquette section of the forum about basic rules of the forum. If you have any questions or recommendations, please turn to the moderator.

Best regards,
Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

41 REPLIES 41
Thomas Holm
Booster
Joining your congratulations, let me assure you that I will not be much busier than before ... and with seasoned people like yourself around, my job will be easier.
Sure 😉
Nice avatar, BTW
From your archive, looks like me when I was six. A long time ago!

AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Thomas Holm
Booster
Now for the questions.

- How long will the maillist continue to work?

- Wouldn't it be a good idea to transform the old maillist into an optional subscribable distribution-only way of getting new messages?

The idea goes like this: All posting is done in the web forum, for security. But there, you can decide to subscribe to mail distribution of new postings, for one, several or all topics. If you do that, you'd get an e-mail with the message (text only) and a link to the full message in the forum appended.

Thus, the maillist's present functionality of effortless viewing would be preserved without compromising the new forum's advantages!

Thomas
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you take a look in your profile settings, there is an option to notify you of replies to a post via e-mail. Once you do that, you'll have an HTML link to the updated topic sent to you via e-mail.

Djordje, there is a better Favorite Topics mod available for phpBB, do you know if it is installed on this board? It is FAR superior to the standard post update list (it also adds in a WATCHED USERS functionality as well).
Great thanks to Djordje and GS!

First my G5 is a week early, now this. What a day.

Is it too early to suggest moving the GDL-Talk discussion over?
James Murray

Archicad 25 • Rill Architects • macOS • OnLand.info
Thomas Holm
Booster
If you take a look in your profile settings, there is an option to notify you of replies to a post via e-mail. Once you do that, you'll have an HTML link to the updated topic sent to you via e-mail.
Yes, I know. but what I want isn't a notification, I want full text. I want to be able to see all messages without having to access the forum. If i only get a notification, I still have to go there to look what's up. That's not enough.
Anonymous
Not applicable
jamesm wrote:
Is it too early to suggest moving the GDL-Talk discussion over?
The sooner we get moved over here and posting, the better. Once we get enough info in here, we'll have a nice searchable database. Lord knows, there's some of us that need it every once in a while
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thomas wrote:
Yes, I know. but what I want isn't a notification, I want full text. I want to be able to see all messages without having to access the forum. If i only get a notification, I still have to go there to look what's up. That's not enough.
I've found that being notified of responses to MY posts/emails much more appropriate than having to sort through 150+ (hip-shot average for archi-talk group) per day.

As an addition, I only download the messages that I'm interested in, whether they be via email or board-posts, instead of downloading all of them, then filtering through the ones I could care less about.

In the larger scheme of things, there will always be SOMETHING that someone will not be happy about...Let's find a happy medium, no?
DennisG
Participant
Wow - this is tremendous.
I'm a newbie at elaborate forums such as this; please excuse in advance the inevitable faux pas to come...
Aloha,
Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well done Graphisoft. This will make our lives much more easier and is bringing this discussion group up there with all other discussion boards.
Francois
LiHigh
Newcomer
Great! This is much better than the old forum.
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT