Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Welcome!

Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

Welcome to the renewed discussion forum of the ArchiCAD user community. As default structure for the new forum we created the following main categories:

- General Discussions: here you can share your opinion with other users about various topics (Note that in the discussion section requesting assistance is inappropriate).

- Specific Questions & Problems: here you can ask for support of fellow ArchiCAD users, or if you are an expert you can be of assistance to beginners.

- Other: here you can share various types of information with fellow ArchiCAD users.

As the forum evolves new categories/topics may be created according to your needs.

Before you start participating in the discussions please refer to the Etiquette section of the forum about basic rules of the forum. If you have any questions or recommendations, please turn to the moderator.

Best regards,
Akos Pfemeter
Graphisoft

Akos Pfemeter

VP Global Cross-Brand Sales, Graphisoft

41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable
Grrrreat...
I just want to get this out of my system now ...
Cheers Boys...
Djordje
Ace
jp_walford wrote:
Grrrreat...
I just want to get this out of my system now ...
Cheers Boys...
If you want to get rid of emoticons, disable them in your posts!

Below each post window is Options area - where you can discable BB code, HTML, Emoticons.

The settings for HTML, BB code and Emoticons are also in your Profile

HTH?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
What I mean't was that I'd get the urge to use them, out of my system now
>>HTH ???? lost me...

Justin
Djordje
Ace
jp_walford wrote:
What I mean't was that I'd get the urge to use them, out of my system now
Oh Well, you can get them from both the systems
jp_walford wrote:
>>HTH ???? lost me...
Hope That Helps ...

O;)
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
chad.lawson wrote:
Djordje, there is a better Favorite Topics mod available for phpBB, do you know if it is installed on this board? It is FAR superior to the standard post update list (it also adds in a WATCHED USERS functionality as well).
Please contact our Admin with the technical data ... I am just watching you, guys ... he does the programming!
Djordje

HP Omen
Djordje
Ace
jamesm wrote:
Is it too early to suggest moving the GDL-Talk discussion over?
GDL Talk is hosted by GDLA, not Graphisoft. The technoilogy is also different (Yahoo! Groups). In this case, I see a good safety factor of redundancy - better to have a spare one than to go bust 😉

If you noticed, there is a GDL forum for troubleshooting the "everyday" GDL problems. However, the higher level discussion is probably not for everyone.

Any GDL thread is more than welcome, of course!
Djordje

HP Omen
stefan
Expert
One suggestion: make the amount of topics per page more. There are too many pages per topic, which leads to a lot of clicking and loading.
--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Previously, I was just a reader of the archives. Very informative, but I think this will be even better. I feel like I already know many of the members. Thanks, Graphisoft!

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm enjoying the new forum, especially since I found the "view posts since your last visit". I like to read all posts as you never know when something might be usefull later.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Djordje and everyone,

now we finally have a up-to-date forum, which is cool. But it lacks one major feature (which was requested in all previous discussions): the possibility to generally receive posts as
emails.

I very much believe that the number of people reached by a BB as we have now is much smaller than the number reading / watching their emails. I for my part have only been able to watch what was going on, read a topic which seemed interesting. But I will hardly have the time to go to the website and skip through all the different forums.

I found a thread discussing this on the phpBB website (http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=128112), maybe you (and whoever is technically responsible) like to take a look at this.

Also, you might want to take a close look at the statistics the board provides (?) to check how many people are actually reading the board.

Don't get me wrong, I see the migration to phpBB as a forward move, I just believe that the e-mail part is important.

ole