Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.
SOLVED!

What do you do if you need to copy several copies of the door on the 1 floor to the 2 ~ 3 floor?

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

What do you do if you need to copy several copies of the door on the 1 floor to the 2 ~ 3 floor?
In Revit, you can copy between floors, but Archicad is structurally...
Is the only way to do a fresh install?
I wonder how experienced people handle it.

Copying Doors/Windows to second floor only - Graphisoft Community

I did not understand this article.

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The topic that you found (thank you for searching!) is 18 years old and does not include new features of Archicad.

You can copy doors and windows to new walls on other floors (as long as they align exactly) by dragging copies in either the 3D window or in Section/Elevation view.

The only wrinkle to this is that a door that has a base at 0 (or negative) to the home story wall will not be inserted into the desired wall above but into the wall 1 story below.  A door base of 0 dragged to the top of the first floor wall = bottom of the second story wall appears to Archicad to be linked to the first story still (top of wall).  So, doors need to be drag-a-copy 'x' higher than the wall base to insert themselves into the desired wall, and then drag them back down by 'x' to get them back to the desired vertical position within the wall in the new story.

I'm going into a meeting, but can post screenshots later if this doesn't make sense. Let me know.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Ekon Bor
Participant

the doors are tied to wall, so you copy the wall 

Solution
Karl Ottenstein

The topic that you found (thank you for searching!) is 18 years old and does not include new features of Archicad.

You can copy doors and windows to new walls on other floors (as long as they align exactly) by dragging copies in either the 3D window or in Section/Elevation view.

The only wrinkle to this is that a door that has a base at 0 (or negative) to the home story wall will not be inserted into the desired wall above but into the wall 1 story below.  A door base of 0 dragged to the top of the first floor wall = bottom of the second story wall appears to Archicad to be linked to the first story still (top of wall).  So, doors need to be drag-a-copy 'x' higher than the wall base to insert themselves into the desired wall, and then drag them back down by 'x' to get them back to the desired vertical position within the wall in the new story.

I'm going into a meeting, but can post screenshots later if this doesn't make sense. Let me know.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.5, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

thank you so much. ^^

AC27 on window 11