Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

What do you think should be done to get Archicad a bigger market share ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally find ARCHICAD way more powerful, easy to use, faster and all in all innovative than other solutions like Revit. However since Revit is backed up by Autodesk and long years of Autocad dominance, ARCHICAD isn’t leading in terms of market share, what do you think GRAPHISOFT should do better? Do you think it’s enough for them to just push for a better product ? Or is there something else you would do ?
273 REPLIES 273
jl_lt
Ace
Eric wrote:
Make it even easier to create work. Where I lose time is in finding elements. Trying to find sinks and faucets like I see in the US is a chore. More More More of the elements already set to go
Honest question: why do you lose time looking for this faucets and sinks? do you need them to appear as real as possible in your plans or is it for rendering purposes?
jl_lt
Ace
bouhmidage wrote:
6 months ago, i teached archicad for a certified revit user (pro certification) who wants to just know archicad
Today i received a message from him, he said :
I'm revit ceetified pro, but, after the corse, and some personal effort, i liked archicad and never go back to revit, i got a job with archicad and i'm enjoying using it.

Graphisoft, look how users like your software, i'm teaching archicad without certification, and users like it and try to give it a chance, even with the dominance of revit, dominance due to marketing strategies.
Imagine how archicad will spread when you open worldwide training centers, approved certification centers, national standards developpers,
Having a good prodict with a "shy" marketing won't stand too long,
Archicad users community is doing a lot of effort to spread the software, cos they just LOVE IT...

Another example. Many architectural students in latin american public schools dont have the resources to buy high end desktops let alone high end laptops, yet they teach them (half bakedly) Revit. Ive had the oportunity to ask some of them about the extremely poor quality of their models (not with those words of course, im a nice guy) and they tell me they can´t go any further with their models using Revit and their computers because its too slow. Meanwhile ive seen Archicad run effortlessly in 6 year old laptops. This is a vast untaped market for them.
bouhmidage
Advisor
Hardware utilization, That's a great advantage for archicad, expérienced users notice that.
My students create very complex models on a laptop without struggle, as you know, architecture students love cteating complex shapes, fancy forms, with archicad, nd sometimes grsshopper, it goes flawless.

More offensive marketing pleaaase
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Anonymous
Not applicable
bouhmidage wrote:
jl_lt wrote:
Another example. Many architectural students in latin american public schools dont have the resources to buy high end desktops let alone high end laptops
I think Graphisoft North America is doing a good job on this with their new GRAPHISOFT Campus Rep program.
Maybe this could be replicated in other world regions.
bouhmidage
Advisor
here is some of their works, using archicad and grasshopper,
https://www.facebook.com/bouhmidkammoun/posts/4436325999771677
this won't be done easily on revit,
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
Mjules
Mentor
ArchiCAD's sustainability is assured in Europe due to the fact that it has always been taught in schools there. It's the same for Revit in North America for example. The teaching of this software is part of the curriculum of almost all universities I know. In the past, ArchiCAD was taught in schools in both the United States and Canada. Unfortunately, it's no longer taught. I think it was a good strategy by Graphisoft, which must be considered again these days if we want to make more impact and take back the North American market. Change must be started from schools by continuing to teach ArchiCAD. I remember taking steps upon Graphisoft to encourage these kinds of initiatives. Nothing was done.

Students of today will become firms' leaders of tomorrow. Think about them, Graphisoft!
Braza wrote:
bouhmidage wrote:
jl_lt wrote:
Another example. Many architectural students in latin american public schools dont have the resources to buy high end desktops let alone high end laptops
I think Graphisoft North America is doing a good job on this with their new GRAPHISOFT Campus Rep program.
Maybe this could be replicated in other world regions.
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11
Mjules
Mentor
There is a connection between Revit and Grasshopper as well.
bouhmidage wrote:
here is some of their works, using archicad and grasshopper,
this won't be done easily on revit,
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Let's give credit when credit is due.
The type of geometry you posted is completely possible within Revit + Dynamo, or with Revit + Rhino.Inside.Revit/Grasshopper.Inside.Revit just as it is possible with Archicad + Grasshopper.
It is other areas where Archicad triumphs over Revit.

bouhmidage wrote:
here are some of their works, using Archicad and grasshopper,
https://www.facebook.com/bouhmidkammoun/posts/4436325999771677
this won't be done easily on Revit,
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
jl_lt
Ace
actually i think its the other way around. As far as i can see, revit have been able to handle this kind of geometry for quite some time now (with lots of pain) and more so with dynamo. till the advent of the grasshopper conection i think Archicad was behind on this (of course, you could model manually without any kind of parametricity among components).

ive said this somewhere else, but one striking example of this are the videos from modeling the SOM-usafa cadet chapel in revit and archicad. the results in revit are spectacular, the one in archicad is... not so spectacular.
Mjules
Mentor
I hope in the future we'll be able to compare Revit + Dynamo versus ArchiCAD + PARAM-O even though the latter is only dedicated to creating custom parametric library objects.
LaszloNagy wrote:

The type of geometry you posted is completely possible within Revit + Dynamo, or with Revit + Rhino.Inside.Revit/Grasshopper.Inside.Revit just as it is possible with Archicad + Grasshopper.
It is other areas where Archicad triumphs over Revit.

bouhmidage wrote:
here are some of their works, using Archicad and grasshopper,
this won't be done easily on Revit,
Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)