BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

What in "heavens" name does this gibberish mean?

rob2218
Enthusiast
C:\Program Files\GRAPHISOFT\ArchiCAD 18\ArchiCAD.exe
Unused in temporary folder : 506825.7 MB
Duplicated database name "ArchiCAD_Library"
at line 2 in the 2D script of file MASTER_GDL_ArchiCAD_Library.gdl.
OpenGL
Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Your OpenGL driver supports all necessary extensions.
Vertical Sync: OFF
Z buffer: 24 bits
Per Pixel Lighting: ON, 1.40 - Intel Build 8.15.10.2418
Stencil buffer: 8 bits
OpenGL
Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family
Your OpenGL driver supports all necessary extensions.
Vertical Sync: OFF
Z buffer: 24 bits
Per Pixel Lighting: ON, 1.40 - Intel Build 8.15.10.2418
Stencil buffer: 8 bits
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable
What Laszlo is saying is there are duplicates in your loaded Libraries, not duplicated objects within your file. If two loaded libraries have an object of the same name you will get the duplicates message in Library Manager.

See my image for a very good (or very bad) example. This will send shivers down Laszlo's spine.

Go to Library Manager, click on a duplicate library, then on the blue Information button. This will bring up the list of duplicates which you can manipulate to show Placed Duplicates, All Duplicates, All Placeable Duplicates or All Non-placeable Duplicates. The one I have selected shows there are 15 duplicates in my Archicad Library 18 and my Office Library. When I have the list set to "List all duplicates" they are listed. None of these, however, are placeable, just various files relating to Cadimage tools that happen to be in both Libraries. If you can narrow down any duplicate objects and where they are in your library structure you can delete one which is not needed.
rob2218
Enthusiast
thanks mate.....let's see how I can clean this up a bit without creating total KOS and destruction of this file.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
rob2218 wrote:
I am a whole-hearted believer in what you state about "file cleaning"..................and I try my utmost to have the files "clean" but.......the reality of the matter is that when you have architects who can't justify time spent on "file maintenance and cleanliness"...well if it were me "Large and in-charge" I'd certainly do it but I'm not the one running this ship here...I'm just the "get in done" boy.....that's it.
I've tried and tried time again to emphasize that files need to be clean, efficient, well maintained etc.....but after a while it's like I'm tying ot fight a hurricane force wind by blowing out of a straw...........just to no avail. But I agree file maintenance is key, just try and convince that ot the folks that pay you and don't want to be convinced otherwise.
I see your point.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!