Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

What is that point and how to move it ?

kosta
Booster

Hi, what is that point ?

How it helps in anything ? And how to move it and place in the center or disable it ? 

But again I need to know first what it is )  I tried searching "anchor point Archicad viewport" but looks like nothing related is found. 

point.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

kosta:

That is the Project Origin, it is the 0, 0, 0 point of the project. It can be moved but not disabled. If you want it at the center of your project, then move all the elements rather than the Project Origin. You can read more about it in the help files.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
runxel
Legend

That's Archicad's global origin point, meaning this is {0,0,0}.

Don't model to far away (read: real world coordinates) or you will run into precision issues.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»
Solution
David Maudlin
Virtuoso

kosta:

That is the Project Origin, it is the 0, 0, 0 point of the project. It can be moved but not disabled. If you want it at the center of your project, then move all the elements rather than the Project Origin. You can read more about it in the help files.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your Archicad version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David

David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14