Documentation
About Archicad's documenting tools, views, model filtering, layouts, publishing, etc.

What is the best way to create partial floor plans?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm doing a renovation project of industrial building which is going to become a hotel with restaurant, fitness, SPA etc... The floor plans are almost done, I'm yet to dimension them. The problem is, it is quite a big L shaped building, so I have to split individual floor plans in two parts so we can print them separately. I've tried the worksheet tool, but it's not producing good results. For some strange reason worksheet is not showing new elements?! Anyway, what is the best way to do it in your opinion? Thanks!

http://prntscr.com/numuz5
4 REPLIES 4
Dontknow
Enthusiast
When you select the part of your floorplan with a Marquee (with de Marquee tool) you can select the option 'Marquee Area' in the print window.
This way you'll only print what's within the Marquee area.
Architectural construction designer, draftsman, modeller
ArchiCAD 25.
Haiku wrote:
.... what is the best way to do it in your opinion? Thanks!
http://prntscr.com/numuz5
put the drawing on more than one layout. Print/Publish the Layout you want. You may also fined it useful to use a Plan Key or a little Key Plan ?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Eduardo Rolon
When you place your Views in Layouts you can crop it to define what is shown. So you will save the View at the scale you need place it in the layout and crop whats will not be shown.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the suggestions guys. Actually I have to do some hatching and dimensioning on the joints, so it becomes clear on each plan where it connects with the other. I've decided to clone the floor plans folder and I will use white fill to hide what has to be hidden. I will be doing some 2D drafting and will use layer combinations to achieve the desired result. I hope it will work out.