BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

What part of the Library are Custom Door Panels stored in?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to use a custom door from one drawing in another, but I can not find where the panel was stored.

Any help? Thank you.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Jeff,

One possible suggestion is that you may have saved the panel in the embedded library within the original project.

You need to open the old project, extract the panel to a folder, then load that folder using the library manager in the new file. The panel should then be available for use. This thread here may be useful for instructions.

If it isn't in the embedded library, it may just be in the project specific library rather than the general shared library. Move it to the shared library then reload your libraries within ArchiCAD.

Hope that helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply. I had copied the wall the door was in and pasted it in the new drawing. After the post, I decided to reload my embedded library, and there it was.

Is there a better way to do this? How can I take a favorites library from one drawing to another? I am sure I am missing something rather small, or maybe I'm just dense.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi again Jeff,

Glad you sorted it!

Just to be sure what we are talking about - are you requesting how to share just the 'library parts' between files i.e. just the object with no pre-saved settings, or are you talking about sharing 'Favorites' between files, which are items with the settings saved?
Anonymous
Not applicable
The latter. I would like to know how to save a "Favorites" object after saving it's settings from file to file. I have saved my templates with certain doors and windows I use often but sometimes I will set up a door, and then save as a favorite. These are what I am asking about. Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you open the 'Favorites' Palette, there is an arrow in the top right corner. This brings up a menu where one option is to 'save favorites'. This will then save out a file with all your favorites stored which you can then load into another project.

There is quite a detailed article about favorites in the ArchiCAD Wiki that you may find useful -

http://www.archicadwiki.com/Favorites
Learn and get certified!