Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

When I ctrl+M+shift after hotlink, the door changes

LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

When I ctrl+M+shift after hotlink, the door changes

LeeJaeYoung_0-1659253640314.png

This is a case of ctrl+shift+D after hotlink and then ctrl+M.

LeeJaeYoung_1-1659253775999.png

this is door entrance door 25.

this is bbb.pln ( aaa.mod -> bbb.pln : hotlink)

The one above is ctrl+shift+M
The bottom one is ctrl+shift+D followed by ctrl+M

LeeJaeYoung_1-1659255399954.png

this is ccc.pln ( aaa.mod -> bbb.pln -> ccc.pln : hotlink)

LeeJaeYoung_0-1659255318853.png

AC27 on window 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Peter Baksa
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi,

this is a known bug, AC_Wall_Direction_Type will be wrong with Ctrl-Shift-M.

There is a workaround: move the hotlink after creating the mirrored copy..

Péter Baksa
Software Engineer, Library as a Platform
Graphisoft SE, Budapest

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
LeeJaeYoung
Virtuoso

I didn't get any answers to the question in I think it's a bug.
Haven't gotten an answer before.

Question 1. Who decides the bugs? If I post that this seems to be a bug, will you respond?
How long can I wait for an answer?

Question 2. If I tried to post a bug because I was working on using Archicad for my company, and I thought it was the same bug as it is now, is there any other place other than this one that can provide an answer if anyone knows?
Is it possible to solve it?

Question 3. Is the community admin a regular user?
I really don't know, so I'm asking a question.
If you're a regular user, I've made a lot of mistakes. ^^

AC27 on window 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

It may be a good idea for you to read the FAQ of the site:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/help/faqpage

One of the most important things is that although this site is operated by Graphisoft, it is basically a user forum where users are helping each other. So, this is not a technical support forum by Graphisoft. Participation is voluntary, so when someone asks a question, and someone knows the answer they can provide that answer. People can ask as many questions as they want but it can not be expected that all questions will be answered (as participation is voluntary).

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

@LeeJaeYoung wrote:

I didn't get any answers to the question in I think it's a bug.
Haven't gotten an answer before.

Question 1. Who decides the bugs? If I post that this seems to be a bug, will you respond?
How long can I wait for an answer?

This may be a bug. I am monitoring the forum (although right now I am technically on vacation) and I am reporting every possible bug to Graphisoft so they can look at it and fix it if it is indeed a bug.

sorry.
Are you a regular user?
Or are you a Graphisoft employee?

I think you are an employee.
If not, I apologize.

The article below is for you if you are an employee.

I know I have to wait for other issues.

When it comes to bugs, the word is different. Graphisoft feels sorry for bugs and believes that they should be addressed more aggressively. At Graphisoft, I think that you should decide whether a bug is a bug or not as soon as possible, even if you don't know anything else. Last time, someone like an employee asked if it was gdl and explained it, but there was no answer. Even still.

I am a revit user and I am an architectural designer capable of developing revit c# api.
If there is a site where I can directly ask questions about bugs or usage at the design office, is there paid or free any other site? (In Korea, Archicad is almost dead. All the offices that started Archicad have also been changed to revit, and I have spoken out loud twice to do Archicad, but they say that they will proceed with revit. )

AC27 on window 11

thank you
As soon as possible, I look forward to seeing any bug fixes or workarounds.
have a good vacation

AC27 on window 11

Oh!
What I don't know is your culture.

In Korea, it is also used to send messages.
No one thinks it's spam.
And if you don't know, answer that you don't know.
And if I'm late, say I'm sorry.
Because they know how eagerly the questioner is looking.

However, there is no living Archicad group in Korea.
The above is only possible in the REVIT meeting.

This is the only place I can ask about Archicad.

AC27 on window 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I guess yes, our cultures and customs are different.

Yes, I work for Graphisoft as a freelance contractor, and I am performing Moderator and Site Administrator duties.

It is a little bit hard to understand everything you say because you are using a translator so there may be misunderstanding between us about what you mean and what I mean.

About the bugs: as I said, all possible bugs are reported to Graphisoft so they can look at it and fix them as soon as possible.

About Private Messages: the main channel of communication is the forum itself where everyone can see the conversation and can benefit from it. Therefore, users should not send private messages to each other asking for help in matters that belong to the forum for everyone's benefit. Of course, there can be matters that are relevant only to two users, in which case Private Message between themselves is the proper way of communication. 

People participate in the forum on a voluntary basis. People can ask questions but it can not be expected that all their questions will be answered since participation is voluntary.

Normally, users can contact their local support with questions, problems, and possible bugs related to Archicad, but I understand if it harder for you in your region so you ask many questions here. Still, you could try contacting the office you have purchased Archicad from for support.

However, people on forums normally do not answer a post if they do not know the answer just to say "Sorry, I do not know the answer." That would result in many non-useful posts.

thank you so much ^^

AC27 on window 11

I'm asking a question about finding and dealing with gdl bugs.

1. you said "This may be a bug. I am monitoring the forum (although right now I am technically on vacation) and I am reporting every possible bug to Graphisoft so they can look at it and fix it if it is indeed a bug ."
This is not the official position of a bug, is it?

So how do I know if this is a bug?
Is there a place with a bug list?

2. When will I know this has been fixed?
Can you tell me?
Or do I have to get the next version and test it to know that the bug has been fixed?

Or can you tell me how to solve it?

Thank you for your interest in my question.

AC27 on window 11