BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Where to get Door & Window Builder

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have seen many refrences lately to Door and Window Builder. We want to look into the possibility of purchasing it. I am not having much luck finding it. Objects online is always our first stop and after many searches, we just can't find it. Does anyone have a link or other ideas.
Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Laura Yanoviak
Advocate
cadimage tools
MacBook Pro Apple M2 Max, 96 GB of RAM
AC26 US (5002) on Mac OS Ventura 13.5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Laura: Thanks much for the link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
The initial reason for looking into D&WB was to be able to create a gable window where the peak of the window was not centered, - (neither 3DS or the std AC library parts give the option of doing this). After looking at the other products available, we also downloaded the manual for cabinet builder. Would some of you using these two add ons be so kind as to let us know what you think of them? Money is extremely tight right now and at $600 for two copies of each addon will,,,, well lets just say I will have to be very convincing.
I would be very appreciative of any comments.
Thanks
TomWaltz
Participant
First, you don't have to buy multiple copies of library objects.

Second, the "triangle" window in the Archicad library can have its point offset from center. You don't need DWB for that.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tom; Thanks for the reply. We have contacted Cadimage to get more info. If only one copy is required that will help.
As for the triangle window, it does not allow for vertical legs on both sides. See the attached screen shot. Will entertain any other ideas. Yes I could create a custom window. Have project framework book, but have never actually made one. Am hesitant to invest the time.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just so that I don't get flamed or laughed at, or whatever it is called. The engineering has been done to cantilever the LVL's, (gable rafters) and hang the ridge beam from the LVL's. There will be solid bearing for the LVL's at the space between the gable window and that trap window. The roof span to support, on the left, is only 3'.
Paul King
Advisor
I can state categorically that the CAD image Door & Window Builder are excellent - very little now that you can't do
PAUL KING | https://www.prime.net.nz
ArchiCAD 8-27 | Twinmotion 2023
Windoze 11 PC | Intel Core i9 10900K | Nvidia Gforce RTX 3080 | 32 Gb DDR3 | 2x4K monitor extended desktop
Learn and get certified!