BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

White backgrounds looks grey

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all

For some reason my "white" colour for fills + backgrounds comes out grey. I've tried editing Pens and colours which doesn't do anything. The work space is white, but objects, walls etc which should be white, look grey.
Any ideas anyone, I've never had this problem before

thanks
Paul
7 REPLIES 7
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
1. Is this happening in one, many or all projects?
2. What if you start a new project from scratch does the problem appear there as well? Make sure to try and use a different template as well to eliminate your current template.
3. Maybe a video card driver issue? Have you updated it recently? Maybe try downgrade if possible?
4. When you say you edited the Pens & Colors, do you mean you edited the settings in the Fill and Wall tool settings, or in the Options>Element Attributes>Pens&Colors dialog?
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
Good questions, I just opened another project and its doing the same problem.

All objetcs, zones, walls that have been specified to have white as the back ground show as grey.
Ive attached a pic to illustrate what I mean.

I changed the settings in both the tools settings and the pens and colours dialog.

Just opened a new project using standard setting and template and I dont have the problem.

UPDATE Ok, when I open the project with standard Arch14 template and settings, the problem isnt there anymore, but I dont have my customised pen sets of course,
Capture.JPG
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Hmmm, well I think that points to some setting gone awry in your attributes. What about in Options>Element Attributes>Fill Types? For the solid fill you are using for walls and fills, is the opacity set above zero?
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Jere
Expert
This is the correct behaviour and no settings are wrong.

They appear light grey so that you can see it on a white background. Notice that if you change your background colour to any colour other than white, your white fills will display correctly.
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Dwight
Newcomer
blahblahblah…

This obscure control aspect is explained in the Archicad help.
Dwight Atkinson
NCornia
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Good to know Dwight. Thanks for cutting through the crap.
Nicholas Cornia
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center
Anonymous
Not applicable
ah, that fixed it, thanks for your help guys
12 years of using archicad, didnt know that option existed
Learn and get certified!