BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Will walls intersect walls in section?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant seem to get wall-to-wall intersection priorities to work in section view like below where I want to have the plywood and shingles come down below the concrete.

In plan wall to wall will only work if the reference lines intersect it seems and I dont know if this effects how they behave in sections

Floors -walls seem to always work without having to line up edges or reference lines at all
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not make the upper wall a complex profile?
Make it as short as you would ever use it, as you can
always stretch it vertically, (but not make it shorter as far as I know.)
Then you could also show the plate(s).
If you want that kind of detail in your section views
they would be there automatically wherever the cut is made.
Anonymous
Not applicable
the picture is a simplified example the problem I am having.

Often these walls are on different floor and have a floor in between

I make the foundation as a complex profile and have been including the shingle overhang -see picture in that profile. The problem with that is you can control the line weights because it id created with fills that dont have separator line that you can specify

So I would like to eliminate the shingle overhang from the foundation profile and just have the wall above come down to where I need ti to be . . . bit it wont intersect and clean up to another wall in section
ScreenClip 3.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Look at the building material you used for the wood sill plate, then increase its intersection priority. If your wood sill is "22-06 11 | Wood Framing", then change its Intersection Priority to something greater than the strength of the material you want it to override. In this case the upper wall uses a material of "22-06 11 | Wood Frame + Insulation" and it s priority is 550. So you need to increase your wood framing to at least 551. You will still need a patch for the remaining sheetrock or any other materials that are not covered by your wood sill plate. If need be create a copy of the material so that you do not affect other uses that require the lower intersection priority.

However there remains some weirdness I do not understand. If you look very closely you will see that the floor intersection overlap is off by a bit, no explanation in the materials geometry for this. ALso, even when you do get the override to work - there is some odd line weight change at that same irrational location.
Is this line work issue a bug?
Anonymous
Not applicable
I cant seem to get any wall to wall priorities to work at all

Is that what you have in your screen shot?
Karl Ottenstein
Is it possible that you have the "Use legacy intersection methods" box checked in Project Preferences > Construction Elements? See:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/virtual-building/constructio...

If checked, the file behaves as in 16 and earlier and you don't have the new connection features.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
No i fixed that legacy thing.

Wall to floors cleans up but not wall to wall (you can see in the screen clip)
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have the same problem. I gave up and just used SEO.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am having difficulty making intersection priority stick as well. Sometimes it works sometimes it does not. The wall section I generated with carefully assigned building materials and intersection priorities will appear correct for a period of time then revert back to only partially correct.

I have Legacy Intersection methods un-checked.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is a screen shot with intersection priorities labeled showing the two walls and slab.

What am I doing wrong? The priority based connections do not clean up properly though I believe I have priorities assigned correctly.
Learn and get certified!