Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Winder stairs with Stairmaker (ArchiCad 8.1)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Alot of the jobs that we do require a winder stair.

In Australia the building code states that the quater landing may include 3 winders, each winding 30°. Is there any way of creating this stair in Stairmaker? Every time that I try and create this type of stair using "L-Run winder at upper end" it rotates the last riser coming out of the winder and also keeps telling me that the solid stair slabs do not intersect. It seems as if Stairmaker is not capable of offering this service.

Thanks

Stairmaker.jpg
15 REPLIES 15
Karl Ottenstein
Adalbert wrote:
I was burned by add-ons that refused to work with the next AC upgrade (window and door maker from some NZ wizard and cabinet maker , $500+ site modelers worth sh*t). I warn all potential users to stay away from add-ons.
Shame on you for needlessly scaring new users!

Your ridiculous comment is a bit like saying "I bought a Lada and I couldn't get parts and service in the US, therefore I warn everyone to not buy cars!" or, more closely, I bought a plug-in for Photoshop 5 that doesn't work anymore with Photoshop 8 ... therefore nobody should buy Photoshop plug-ins!?

As noted by Cameron, Cigraph is exemplary for not only supporting each new version of ArchiCAD at no extra cost to existing users ... but for also releasing updates that not only fix bugs but enhance the functionality of their products. Their products can be purchased with confidence! And, of course ArchiStair is free.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
LiHigh
Newcomer
Fabrizio wrote:
Just my two cents on the desk...

I'm just a bit astonished: we released till now 15.000 ArchiStair free-of-charge (that means no additional cost for the users) but it seems to me that they never reached the users... where they are?

Friendly
Fabrizio
If we can download Archistair free from the web..........
Howard Phua

Win 10, Archicad 19 INT
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Unfortunatelly no.
The 15000 free of charge copies (DVD boxes) have been already released to all our Distributors thet didn't want more copies and they released (or will release) them to their final users.

Now we are going to sell it...

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Djordje
Ace
Fabrizio wrote:
Unfortunatelly no.
The 15000 free of charge copies (DVD boxes) have been already released to all our Distributors thet didn't want more copies and they released (or will release) them to their final users.

Now we are going to sell it...
Even in this neck of desert, without a full blown distributor, ArchiStair is happily used. It all had to do with reading the Forum and reacting in time.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm really sorry you are not happy with addons.

But let me say we always produced and released free of charge all the compatibility add-ons (I mean the versions needed for using the add-on with the newest ArchiCAD version): our add-ons for ArchiCAD 9 have been released before ArchiCAD 9!!!

So please, don't suggest something like this...

Friendly
Fabrizio

---
Wrong,

Archiforma was not ready with 8, I had to wait quite some time.
Karl Ottenstein
Adalbert wrote:
Wrong,
Archiforma was not ready with 8, I had to wait quite some time.
That is true. But, it was not Cigraph's fault: no 3rd party add-ons were ready with 8 because Graphisoft did not release the final API kit in a timely manner (in part because of the entire 8.0R1 fiasco). So, yes, I see now where some of your frustration came from!

With 9.0, Graphisoft instituted an entirely new Quality Assurance program throughout beta testing, which also included releasing an updated API with each beta so that 3rd parties could not only be capable of having the add-ons ready to release when 9.0 was released, they could be testing the compatability of their add-ons throughout the beta period.

http://www.graphisoft.com/community/actimes_1.html

You will note that Cigraph add-ons for 9.0 were actually released before customers received 9.0 itself!

The 8.0 experience was not one that anyone - either we customers nor Graphisoft themselves - ever wants to experience again!

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB