Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window, Door, Object Favorites not Sticking

Geof Gainer
Booster
For some reason a couple months ago my window, door, and object favorites stopped working.

I click on a window favorite and place it in a wall, and a standard one shows up. I change all the attributes till it looks right, save it as a new favorite, and still no go—the size might change, but it's still some sort of default. If I click "Use an Empty Opening", it'll give just me empty openings even after clicking on a favorite again, until I open up Window Selection Settings again and click on a favorite, and then it just brings back a default window and not an empty opening, but still not the favorite.

Pretty much the same thing with doors. It's stuck on my glass shower door. If I click on my double door favorite it gives me a 6-foot wide glass shower door. If I click on my garage door favorite, it gives me an 9-foot wide glass shower door.

Objects seems to be stuck on my faucet. I click on any other object favorite and it gives me the faucet. Sometimes rotated in some other position, but still the faucet.

Any idea what's going on?
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Is it anything to do with the 'Element Transfer Settings'?
When you use a favourite you can choose which transfer setting to use.
Maybe you are using one that doesn't transfer many settings at all.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Geof Gainer
Booster
Quit. Restarted. Fine.

Thanks
AC fan since v 7. Currently on AC 26 Build 5003 USA FULL Apple Silicon,. 2022 Mac Studio, 32G ram. OS X 12.6.2