BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Header - Accuracy with Wall Skins

Anonymous
Not applicable
I must be missing something because no matter how hard I try - I cannot get ArchiCAD to produce an accurate header for the section through a composite walls with a window in it.

See attached file

I may have temporary brain lock, of course.

Any thoughts?? Anyone?

Phil Allsopp
Phoenix, Arizona
ArchiCAD 17, iMac 3.4GHz Intel Core i7, 16GB 1333 MHz DDR3, OS X Mavericks.

Window Header Section.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
Are you talking structural header? If so, AC has never done that. You have to insert a beam/etc yourself. (Or use the wall framing accessory... except that the ArchiCAD version uses the same size header for all windows, regardless of span. Don't know if the Cadimage one is smarter.)

If you're talking about the head frame and jamb extension which I don't see in your screenshot... the should both be present unless you turned them off or to zero thickness?
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Karl:

I was referring to the window frame beneath the lintel. Skins work on plan but apparently not in section. I tried the reveal settings again although I didn't set any reveals or ganging to the windows and the skins turn just fine in the 2D plan view. In section, however, the top of the window frame sticks into the un-closed wall above which show no skins returning. Guess I'll have to create a 2D object and place it.

I'll also check out the CadImage product suite to see if they have a solution.

Just trying to minimize re-work and re-construction on details.

Thanks for your reply

Phil
Karl Ottenstein
Sorry I misunderstood. The 17 Help file indicates that skins should turn in sections now... but I haven't tried/tested this:

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/guides/archicad-17-int-reference-guide/user-interface-reference/too...
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'd be interested to know if the 'turn plaster' settings do now correctly show in section in AC17!

In AC15 I still use a 3d 'trim' object that displays (more or less) correctly in 2d, 3d and sections, as described here.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have same issue with AC17 not showing reveal closure the same way it does it on the floor plan, regardless of that little section windows shown in settings dialog box? Maybe someone from Graphisoft (I have noticed they follow the forum and often offer good suggestions) can help?
Learn and get certified!