BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Problem - Suddenly all windows rotated

Vasileios S_
Advocate
Hello there,

This is my first post into the forum, so please be kind if I make any mistake.

I am working on a project and while everything was working alright, I jump back to 3D window and all the windows are rotated and far away from the walls. I work with Partial Structure Display. It seems that something happened to the windows when I was working on "core of load bearing elements only" when the walls were not visible. All the walls have structural function: undefined. I was working on the ground floor, where the windows changed, while on the first floor the windows are alright (both 2d and 3d).

Any question how I can solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Vasileios Stergioudis
You cannot build a line.
3 REPLIES 3
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In your complex profile look where the opening reference lines are.

If these are allright, you've set up some huge reveal depth.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Vasileios S_
Advocate
Erwin wrote:
In your complex profile look where the opening reference lines are.

If these are allright, you've set up some huge reveal depth.
By saying "complex profile", do you mean the Composite of the wall? If so, there is no composite. The wall is created with the geometry method: polygonal. I then added the arcs using shells. I did so because I had a window inside a niche inside a niche (reminds me of Inception). I tried to create such a window with multiple niches and put it in a wall with geometry method:straight, but I could not get the plan to show as I wanted.

Furthermore, the reveal depth is 0,20m, not a huge one. Apart from the huge reveal that it seems I've set, the windows are also rotated!

Well, I put every singe window one-by-one again, but this is not a solution, because it has happened a couple of times.
You cannot build a line.
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hello Vasileios,

By Complex Profile Erwin Edel actually means the third Structure type in the Wall settings (the 3 options are Basic, Composite, and Complex profile). It is a really powerful tool, I suggest you to look into it.

But Polygonal walls are a whole different topic. Polygonal walls are very special entities: in standard walls you can only place an opening parallel to the reference line of the wall, and then move it in that plane, but in polygonal walls the openings can be placed parallel to any surface, and even rotated into any direction. My guess is that while editing something you might accidentally select these windows and rotate them along with some other element.

Unfortunately I don't think we can tell when/how this happens, unless you can go back on your steps at a situation like this. If you can trace back the 3-5 steps that led to this state, we might be able to tell more.

Kind Regards,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!