BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Reveal not showing in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I can't get my window reveals to show in 3d properly. I recall a button in previous versions that hides it, but can't seem to find it now.

Also, plan reveal doesn't quite make sense to me either. Here are some images that hopefully explain.

PastedGraphic-1.png
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's the plan view. Unable to add more than one image per message...
PastedGraphic-2.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
And just in case there is any doubt the reveals are not revealed...
PastedGraphic-3.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
A lot of views...

Any suggestions?

Anyone have similar problem?

Thanks.
No replay is here because it is a know issue (we all hoping for a change in this matter anyway).

Best Regards,
Piotr
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
The thing you see in floorplan is a scripted 2D representation, no actual building materials are being manipulated. Also of importance if you plan to do quantity take off at a very excact level.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mistaken post removed.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Nathan did you ever figure this out as I am having the same problem.

I have the reveals set to have the plaster return inside the window but when I go to a section it just shows the block work continue past the window frame and does not return the plaster

I have attached an image
Barry Kelly
The skin wrapping is a 2D view only representation.
It does not affect the skins in 3D and therefore will not show in section or elevation.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So, to summarize:
The way a GDL Object, such a a Window, appears in the Floor Plan Viewpoint is defined in its 2D Script. The 2D Script of Windows in the ARCHICAD default library are written in a way to allow for detailed graphical representation of Reveals.
The way a GDL Object appears in 3D Viewpoints such as sections or in 3D, is defined in its 3D Script. The 3D Script of Windows in the ARCHICAD default library is not written in a way to generate a Reveal in 3D, this is why you see this discrepancy between the 2D and 3D of Windows.
This has been the case with default ARCHICAD Windows as long as I remember. I suppose a long time ago they did not script the 3D part because it would have complicated the 3D script greatly and could have resulted in polygon-heavy Window elements (this is my guess). Then, over the years it just stayed that way.
You could make a wish for this to change.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!