Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window Reveal not showing in 3d

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Folks,

I can't get my window reveals to show in 3d properly. I recall a button in previous versions that hides it, but can't seem to find it now.

Also, plan reveal doesn't quite make sense to me either. Here are some images that hopefully explain.

PastedGraphic-1.png
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Lazlo,

Do you know if there has been any developments on this subject?
I posted this week a similar question - window reveals showing in plan and section but ignored in 3d views. Totally unhelpful and somewhat embarrassing to even imagine this is possible.

SW
Barry Kelly
No nothing has changed.
The 2D view is relatively easy to control as you are looking at just one plane.
The 3D is much more complicated as you will need to control the reveal on each side of the window as well as control the way each reveal joins at the corners and interacts with sills and window heads.
And then to complicate it further you may have a window that has more than 4 sides or maybe arches or is just a really strange shape.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
ThankYou.
Yes its confirmed that in 3D this reveal surround does not show..
This is such a shame and dont understand why GS have not resolved this issue.

Any chance of knowing if this is a feature to be fixed ?
Find it astonishing that what with BIMX and whatever else - GS have not resolved this issue like its competitors have. Amzed to find that what i draw in 2D is NOT being shown in 3d. This makes no sense and why are users not crying out for this to be fixed ?

I was just on a call to Graphisoft support today to find out that in 2022 it is still not working! That's insane, how are we suppose to exchange reliable BIM modells - does anyone have a workaround? Or shall I stop designing buildings with windows?