Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window & Doors on wrong story

MitchDes
Contributor
By default my windows and doors are set to 'anchor' to the story above the story that I have open. I can manually change it, but I have to do this for every insert. How can I fix this? Any advise appreciated.
I have been using Archicad for 9 months and this has only happened a few times, but quite annoying when it does. When I opened the template for a new job (the template I use all the time), I noticed that it was set to install everything (mesh, slab, walls etc) on the story above the story that was open, but as mentioned above it seems to be ramdom, this doesn't happen all the time.
Using ArchiCad Start 2020 On PC With Ryzen 5 5600 6 core, 16Gb Ram, 64bit Windows 11, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 32"; Lenovo Monitor; 1920 x 1080 Res
3 REPLIES 3
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
MitchDes wrote:
By default my windows and doors are set to 'anchor' to the story above the story that I have open. I can manually change it, but I have to do this for every insert. How can I fix this? Any advise appreciated.
You can select all the Doors on a Story, open the Door Setting dialog box, under Preview and Positioning > Anchors click on the little arrow and select Relink Anchor Anchor Story... to change all the Doors at once.

As for the template, open it and change the default settings for the tools that are not set up correctly, then save the template.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
MitchDes
Contributor
Thanks David,
I had thought of that, but i was wondering if there may have been some other setting that was wrong. Trying to over-think it perhaps! Thanks again.
Using ArchiCad Start 2020 On PC With Ryzen 5 5600 6 core, 16Gb Ram, 64bit Windows 11, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 32"; Lenovo Monitor; 1920 x 1080 Res
Barry Kelly
You need to set the defaults in the tool before you place the object.
Also check your the default settings for your favourites if you use them and the in 'favourite preferences' you can set it to change the home storey or not (although I find this has no effect - bug I think).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11