Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Manager!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Window on curved wall

Polar Bear
Booster

Hello,

I placed this window on a curved wall but would need the frame to be perpendicular to the wall surface, like the hole on the same wall.   I wish the same for doors and windows.

Is it possible?

Thanks

Kr

Screen Shot 2023-03-02 at 00.09.08.png
Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Surely the frame needs to be perpendicular to the glass/door leaf as you have it now.

Otherwise you will need curved glass/door leafs.

BarryKelly_0-1677734777769.png

What I think you mean is the side of the frame needs to be built out to allow for the wall hole to be perpendicular to the wall.

I don't think this is something that can be done with the windows though.

You would have to add a curved empty opening and model some packers to the side of the frame.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks for the reply.

This is for a project in India, everything can be made with carpentry.  The bottom/ top part would be straight and the side jam cut angle to match that site masonry constraint.  It is easier and cleaner to adjust wood than stabilised earth blocks... I have been using empty opening etc. as you suggested, but it is so cumbersome, not easy to adjust, lining up etc...  I ultimately end making quick sketch and discuss with masons and carpenter.  But was wishing to have the model accurate.

Thanks!

Archicad 25 - 5010
Macbook pro 13" /Big sur 11.4 + External 4K 27"
David O
Booster

Hi Have you tried the curved window in the special windows section of the library, I have attached a screen shot for an example, I hope it helps!

Regards

David

curved window.jpgSpecial windows curved window option.jpg