BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window opacity in Elevations

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a plan which I started in AC9 some time ago, and all of the windows are opaque in the elevations (and in the 3d window), which is how we like to display them on all projects.

Somewhere along the way I lost the settings that kept them that way. I have done exhaustive A-B comparisons in all of the elevation settings, 3d window settings, made sure that the materials of the windows are the same (even importing them from the older document), and read everything I could search for here on the nets. No change. I can turn transparency on & off in the elevations, but can't get the windows to show anything other than white.

Any suggestions? Just when you think you're becoming quite adept at AC, something reminds you you're not the drafting god...
7 REPLIES 7
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Transparency is assigned to your views. In AC9 you'll need to redefine them while transparency is on. In AC10 you'll need to recreate your views with transparency on, due to a bug.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the reply.

I can replace my views with transparency on or off and they do display as defined, but it's the quality of the opacity that I want to change. I have the views defined with the windows opaque, but can only get white rather than the gray I used to have.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Can you please upload a before & after screenshot?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
To get a gray tone, I had to duplicate one of the glass materials
in the Materials editing window and adjust the color then
change the default glass material parameter in my doors
and windows to use this new material.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
I tried to redefine the materials as mentioned, tried importing the material definitions in the Attribute Manager, and even tried using siding or stone to see what would happen. The vectorial lines from the pattern show up, but the windows stay white...

(I tried to add two pics, but it would only allow me to add one.)
gray in windows.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the pic of the way they look now...
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Maybe the solution to your problem is explained here?

Cheers,
Link.
Learn and get certified!