BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Window sill/header height bug?

If the sill height is set and the window height is increased or decreased, the header moves up or down correctly. HOWEVER, if the header height is set (which is what most people want as the controlling height) and the window height is increased or decreased, the header height changes, rather than the sill height. I thought that setting the window header height first was supposed to anchor the header. Or am I misunderstanding how this works?

EDIT: After playing around with this some more, it seems like the bug only shows up BEFORE you place a window. It works as I think it should if you are editing an already-placed window.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
7 REPLIES 7
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Yes, I can confirm this bug.
So, it seems to me that when the "Sill or Header Height" field is using the "Header to Story" option, and I modify the Height of the Window, the Height value field will update and display an incorrect result. However, when I place it, it turns out that it places it correctly. So for me, it is only the field that displays the incorrect result prior to placement.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thanks for confirming, Laszlo. I'm pleased that you discovered that header is being placed correctly, regardless of the setting in the DBX!
Richard
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hey guys,

Can you point me to the right direction? Are we talking about the same parameter?

Here is my test with a default setting dialog (before a window is placed). As you can see, I set the "Sill/Header value" to use "Header to Story 0", changing the window's height does not affect the other value.

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

This appears to be happening only on initial opening of window part, and the results today are inconsistent. A couple of days ago, the height would change the header height whether increasing or decreasing; today it seems to be picking a random header height. This is true whether an AC part or a custom part. Attachment is a GIF movie. Sorry it seems to be small and blurry.
Richard
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi all,

After some trial-and-error, I managed to reproduce the issue. It happens if you switch to another type of door/window while changing the Default Settings. As Richard already pointed out, this is just a visual glitch, and won't affect the real position of the door/window. The Header to Story x value is the value set in previous selection (so let say if you set 2500 to this field, and switch to another window type, this value stays). Unfortunately, I don't have any explanation why it jumps randomly to another value.

I entered it as a defect in our database. Hopefully, it won't be a difficult one to fix!

Thank you very much for reporting this, Richard! It is definitely a well-hidden one!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Mihn,

I entered the values in the Info Box, that is where I reproduced the issue, I have not entered the Settings Dialog.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Laci,

Thanks for the new info! I just tried it out and indeed it happens with the Info Box. I updated the defect entry with this comment.

Have a great day!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!