BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Windows and doors in walls over 2 storeys

Anonymous
Not applicable
I can't seem to find an existing thread on this.

In the project that I'm working on, I've modelled concrete precast panels using the wall tool. This has of course allowed me to place windows and doors in the wall.

The issue that I'm having is that once I set the height of the windows relative to each storey they disappear from the floor plan. They are still viewable in elevation and 3D.

I have an inkling that this has something to do with the floor plan display settings on both the wall and windows.

What I would like to do, if possible, is to see each storeys windows and doors on their respective floor plans only.

Is anybody able to shed some light on this for me please!
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Unless you have a reason to be using the floor plan cutting planes then I would just set your walls to "Projected with Overhead" floor plan display and if they are multi-storey walls then set them to "Show on all relevant stories".

For single storey walls I set them to "Symbolic" and "Show on home storey only"

Set your windows and doors to "Symbolic" and they should show on the storey that is relevant to the heights you set for them.

You can also choose to anchor your doors/windows head or sill to the wall base or storey - just make sure the heights you set are relevant to that anchor point.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!