Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

Windows cutting composite walls

JKL
Contributor

For some reason, these windows, in these walls, are cutting through the composite wall and showing the inside of the wall. I've injected windows that are working correctly into the windows, deleted them, injected the wall, deleted the wall. All the things I can think of. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2022-05-02 at 2.37.54 PM.png
Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Might it have something to do with your windows reveal type? And the related Wall Opening settings?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DGSketcher
Legend

@JKL Can you identify the library part and your version of AC including country?

It may just be a custom object which is affecting the opening.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

Arcicad 24, US

Using a fixed window in a composite wall

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
DGSketcher
Legend

@JKL This will be one for US users but what is the Library Part Name e.g. "Double Sash Window 24"?

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)

w fixed 24

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26
Solution
Lingwisyer
Guru

Might it have something to do with your windows reveal type? And the related Wall Opening settings?

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

Looks like it! I changed from "stud wall w/siding" to "brick veneer" and it allowed me to change the reveal depth which was the issue I think, and now they look great. Thank you!

Designer

Mac

Archicad 26