BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Wish upon an Object from BIMcomponents.com

Levente Filetoth
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear Archi-Talkers,

I guess I am preaching to the choir when saying that GDL is one of the core assets of ArchiCAD. To provide support for great GDL content to get created we launched BIMcomponents.com with ArchiCAD 16. In order to give some boost to the interest for the topic we decided to help deliver some long wished GDL objects that no-one has created as of yet.

Here we call upon a little contest: share your wish for an object that you cannot find in the standard ArchiCAD library and we will see to it that some of them get programmed and shared with all of you through the BIMcomponents.com portal.

The rules are very simple, just make a post with a concise description of what you think could be solved with the help of GDL and your award is that if your idea turns out to be interesting enough it will be programed by a professional GDL developer.

Please give us your ideas and let's see if we can create some extra value to the ArchiCAD community with the help of GDL.

Disclaimer: This promotional activity's goal is to find objects that are over the line of standard object development project, hence will never make it to the standard ArchiCAD library. Please use this thread to provide your input to this specific topic and please avoid raising issues related to the development of the standard ArchiCAD object libraries and/or to the development of the GDL technology in general. Thank you for your understanding.
Levente Filetoth
Architect, www.graphisoft.com
MacBook Pro 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.8.
ArchiCAD 4.5 - 19
93 REPLIES 93
Levente Filetoth
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dear All!

We are happy that ideas are coming in, please continue the good discussion!

We will soon reveal which object we will sponsor first!
Levente Filetoth
Architect, www.graphisoft.com
MacBook Pro 15" 2.7 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.8.
ArchiCAD 4.5 - 19
Anonymous
Not applicable
A dog! We have people models but no dogs!

In a perfect world you could change the breed, make it look like it's running, lying down, etc.

I'm guessing modeling an animal would be pretty difficult. I bet there isn't a single programmer at Graphisoft who could model me a dog.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Steven wrote:

In a perfect world you could change the breed, make it look like it's running, lying down, etc.

I'm guessing modeling an animal would be pretty difficult. I bet there isn't a single programmer at Graphisoft who could model me a dog.
Especially one with big hair!
Anonymous
Not applicable
RandyC wrote:
I would like to see a truss system that works like roofmaker wizard - or is this delving beyond Object creation.
So many great suggestions, but this one I feel should be first:-)
In my opinion it would not need to be structurally correct, as that is up to truss company, but essentially just have the top and bottom cords
and intersections be there, so a builder can get the jist of the truss system.
It could even have a default-on label (that could be turned off), that states it is non-structural, just for liability reduction control?
lec
Jere
Expert
I would like to see a highly parametric grab bar object. As a Canadian customer, I have the US library. Our building code requirements are different than ADA requirements so their grab bars are of little use to us.

A grab bar that can be stretched, bent (in plan and elevation), rotated, have additional "arms" added etc. would be great!
ArchiCAD 26-5002; Windows 11; Intel i7-10700KF; 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1660
Anonymous
Not applicable
This can be easily done with a Mesh!
JaredBanks wrote:
I bet a landscape boulder would be really easy. If you started with a sphere object with say 12 or 20 facets, then morphed it, did a little push and pull, then softened some edges...

I have also had some success with creating them out of meshes. But then morphing that would take it to the next level, too.

Great idea.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Graphisoft UK brought out an electical library containing 2D and 3D representation, very cool!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have some dogs from 2005, ancient by today's standards but are not bad! A boxer in various poses, Dachshund, Greyhound, poodle and two naughty doggies 😉 You are welcome to them, you can contact me throught http://www.archicadusersassociation.com/acua-news/About_Us.html
Steven wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting some more requests for the doggies, here they are with compliments from www.archicadusersassociation.com
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is part 2, more doggies... including naughty doggies
Learn and get certified!