Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Working between ArchiCAD 12 and ArchiCAD 11 Student Versions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
At Uni they are running ArchiCAD 11 student edition, and at home and on my laptop i'm running ArchiCAD 12. Is there a way to save from 12 to 11 so I can take my work into Uni?
Thank you for your time,
Rich
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
one version downgrade is ok.

simply, save as AC11 solo project.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am so blind, sorry for the stupid question!
Thanks for the reply though!
Anonymous
Not applicable
but is it possible to use your laptop to run through the whole project ? because i am afraid that if you always downgrade and upgrade your project would have some data loss in between.
KeesW
Advocate
Doesn't the student version create its own file extension 'PLE' which cannot be transferred to a commercial version? If both your versions are student versions, what is suggested should work. But if your version 12 is commercial, I think you'll have trouble moving between them.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
Anonymous
Not applicable
Both Versions are educational environments. What sort of data loss would occur? I can work the whole project through my laptop, however a couple of major drawbacks are, 1. Carrying my laptop, A2 folder, tiny lecture halls and catching the train all add up against me and 2. Our university has not yet setup wireless printing so I cannot large format print my work.
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
richgwilt:

You should also know that the ArchiCAD 12 libraries will not work with ArchiCAD 11, so you should only use ArchiCAD 11 libraries under these circumstances.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Djordje
Ace
richgwilt wrote:
1. Carrying my laptop, A2 folder, tiny lecture halls and catching the train all add up against me
Hm, logistics troubles?
richgwilt wrote:
and 2. Our university has not yet setup wireless printing so I cannot large format print my work.
PDF can be easily carried around (even in your mobile ...) and printed wherever.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hm, logistics troubles?
That's the gist of it

Do PDF's print to scale, i.e. when saving to PDF do you loose the scale?
Thomas Holm
Booster
PDFs print to scale if you select "No page scaling" (or the equivalent in your language) in Adobe Reader's print dialog, and the page setup is set to 100%.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1