BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Working with GDL objects and materials/textures/colors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

As a complete newbie to both ArchiCAD and GDL, I am trying to figure how materials work.

I specifically need to create my own materials and/or colors for my objects, and would like it to be part of the object, not the archicad material lib. For now I only need to assign colors, but it is possible that I need to assign textures later on.

A RTFM-link would be good, since I need some basic explanation to how all of this works.

Besides that, I'd like links for other resources on GDL - maybe You know of some reference guide or the likes, that I don't...
5 REPLIES 5
Frank Beister
Advisor
Do you speak a bit the language of your neighbours? See DEFINE_MATERIAL our switch to pure German on the page.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I can read and understand the most of it, so thanks! Seems like a really nice reference guide 🙂
Seems like DEFINE_MATERIAL is just the thing I need 🙂

But if there's an english reference guide out there, I'd like to know 😉

- Jeppe
Dwight
Newcomer
That would be the one coming with the USA version, perhaps??
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
jeppe.liisberg wrote:
But if there's an english reference guide out there, I'd like to know 😉
I assume you've looked under the help menu for the GDL Reference Guide. I know it's a bit cryptic but it is (pretty much) all there and (mostly) accurate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well... I have now! (Dwight also sent me a copy) 🙂

I didn't take a proper look at it yet, but it seems reasonably useful.

Thanks,
- Jeppe
Learn and get certified!